Yukata - Japanese summer garment
- Put on the Yukata, and pull the right side of Yukata around the body.
- Place the left side of Yukata over the right one.
(Right side on top of the left is used to dress a corpse for burial)
- Put the middle of obi (sash) on your waist.
- Wrap the sash around the body crossing once at the back of your body.
- Bring the ends of sash to the front.
- Tie the sash in a bow.
- Place the knot to off-center of the body.
- Put on a Tanzen (outer robe) over the Yukata, when you feel cold.
For print out in English, Chinese and Korean (PDF)